The project is worked in partnership with University of Plymouth, Next Steps South West, Real Ideas Organisation and Devon Community Outreach Network.
Working with young people aged 14 -19 years over 1-3 years will have a huge impact of them and their futures. In our experience of working with and developing young people it is this amount of investment of time that is needed to make a real impact.
We will lead weekly 1.5-hour dance sessions during term time facilitating dance to the group working towards performances and training qualifications in dance leadership accredited courses.
Exim has developed a responsive way of working with young people to facilitate dance that offers the young people the space and time to develop their creative voice. As well as leading technique we will work creatively and choreographically.
In addition to the weekly classes the following wrap around activity will be offered:
- The group will be invited to watch student and professional dance performance dance performances at local venues such as Theatre Royal, Barbican Theatre and The House
- We will facilitate discussions before and after each performance to build confidence and expand knowledge of contemporary dance
- Develop young people’s relationship with the University of Plymouth by attending tours of the facilities and performing twice a year
- Young people can access Accredited Training Courses such as Arts Award & Dance Leaders
- Students will be supported through stages of employability, progressing into Further Education and Higher Education.
To find out more about Making Waves please email:
email@example.com or call us on 07864 18663.