Making Waves Plymouth
Making Waves session offers professional youth dance training for young people aged 13-18 years (up to 25 with disabilities) looking to advance their skills, knowledge and possibly seek a career in dance or the arts. Students are presented with the opportunity and freedom to activate their leadership and initiative, building upon transferable employability skills.
The sessions are designed to create an open and professional atmosphere where participants can gain real life experience learning, making and performing whilst providing the opportunity to follow their own intuition; helping confidence and independence flourish.
In addition to the weekly sessions the following wrap around activity will be offered:
- The group will be invited to watch student and professional dance performance dance performances at local venues such as Theatre Royal, Barbican Theatre and The House
- We will facilitate discussions before and after each performance to build confidence and expand knowledge of contemporary dance
- Develop young people’s relationship with the University of Plymouth by attending tours of the facilities and performing twice a year
- Young people can access Accredited Training Courses such as Arts Award & Dance Leaders
- Students will be supported through stages of employability, progressing into Further Education and Higher Education.
The project is worked in partnership with Next Steps South West and University of Plymouth.
Refer a young person
If you are wishing to refer a young person to any of our FREE young people services, please see the form attached below.
Upon completion, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org