Making Waves Plymouth offers professional youth dance training for young people aged 13 – 18 years (up to 25 with disabilities) looking to advance their skills, knowledge and career in dance or those seeking support and guidance on further education opportunities.
Our sessions are aimed to create an open and professional atmosphere where you can gain real life experience learning, making and performing whilst providing the opportunity to follow your own intuition; helping your confidence and independence flourish.
As we return to face to face sessions, over the next term we will focus on building strength, flexibility and fitness through a gradual process, re-inviting creativity and openness in the body. After a period of stagnancy the group will be encouraged to work at their own pace whilst feeling able to overcome challenges to feel re-inspired.
In addition to the weekly classes the following wrap around activity will be offered:
- The group will be invited to watch student and professional dance performance dance performances at local venues such as Theatre Royal, Barbican Theatre and The House
- We will facilitate discussions before and after each performance to build confidence and expand knowledge of contemporary dance
- Develop young people’s relationship with the University of Plymouth by attending tours of the facilities and performing twice a year
- Young people can access Accredited Training Courses such as Arts Award & Dance Leaders
- Students will be supported through stages of employability, progressing into Further Education and Higher Education.
The project is worked in partnership with Next Steps South West and University of Plymouth.
To find out more about Making Waves please email:
email@example.com or call us on 07864 18663.